The Varilite Evolution wheelchair cushion uses air-foam flotation to provide skin protection for those at moderate to high risk of tissue breakdown, and postural support for those with symmetric positioning needs.
Weighing less than 1kg, the Evolution uses immersion to redistribute pressure away from those at-risk areas.The ease of use with the self-inflating valve, as well as robust design, makes it a firm favourite with wheelchair users too.
The cushion is available with a mesh or water-resistant cover with breathable two-way strech material. The reticulated foam inside the cover promotes air exchange and improves pressure redistribution.
Benefits of Varilite Cushions
Easy to set up, no pumps or kneading materials into shape, Varilite cushions need very little attention week by week. Cushions in the Varilite range weigh less than 1 kilogram.
• The foam element of the air-foam mix in Varilite cushions provides for greater surface stability for the user
• Excellent pressure redistribution, the air-foam mix gives the benefit of optimal immersion and pressure redistribution
• The materials adjust quickly to the individual’s temperature, decreasing metabolic stress. The reticulated foam lining of Varilite covers allows water vapour and temperature regulation and assists in air circulation.
• Varilite cushions may be used effectively by people of any weight
• Excellent vibration dampening properties to assist in reducing user fatigue
• Varilite cushions are available with a smooth water
resistant cover for ease of transfer and reduced friction
• Varilite covers are machine washable
• The Varilite cushions size range starts at 10”x10” up to 24”x20”
• Varilite cushions: 2 year warranty, cushion covers: 1 year warranty
Product Fact Sheet